What are the benefits of Glycerol?
EXACTLY WHAT DOES GLYCEROL DO TO YOUR BODY?
When administered orally, glycerol has a hydrating/dehydrating effect. This is based on the fact that glycerol has an ability to hold onto water, glycerol can actually absorb so much moisture that mold growths can develop unless an antiseptic is added along with the softening agent! Glycerol's water binding ability helps keep bars soft and also may be of benefit to endurance athletes and bodybuilders alike.
Endurance athletes can utilize glycerol in conjunction with extra water prior to an event in order to support hydration and therefore enhance performance. The recommended dosage for accomplishing "super-hydration" range varies and each individual should experiment sufficiently prior to use during competition. For reference, start with approximately 1-gram glycerol per kilogram body weight along with an additional 1.5L - 2.0L of water, consumed 1-4 hours prior to the event.
Interestingly bodybuilders might consider taking glycerol prior to their stage appearance in lower dosages without consuming the additional water to "dry out". Leaving the water out of the equation may cause a shift of existing body water temporarily out of the tissues and into the blood.
Read the complete article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-jeremy4.htm
- SSP Success Story: Augment Your Lifestyle!
- Dennis Cieri announced as speaker at this years 2017 Power-lifting University Summit!
- SSP Founder Dennis Cieri SMASHES Bench Press World Record. This is His 26th World Record at the 2017 Arnold Festival - SSP Raw Bench Championships!
- SSP Nutrition Announces $4,500 in Prize Money, 2017 Arnold Sports Festival
- SSP Success Story: The Secret Resides in the Spine