Harvard says Having a Belly is Bad for Your Bones!
Harvard says having a belly is bad for your bones! For years it was thought that a little extra padding helped reduce the risk of osteoporosis. But more recent research suggests the opposite, especially if your fat is concentrated in your middle. Harvard researchers found that premenopausal woman who had more visceral fat also had decreased bone mineral density. One theory posits that overweight people are more prone to vitamin D deficiency, since the fat-soluble vitamin can get trapped in fat tissue, says Dr. Abelson. Other research has shown that people with high levels of fat in their liver, muscles, and blood have more fat in their bone marrow, which can up the risk of fracture.
www.health.com May, 2016
- Jim Brown's Gym in Clarks Summit, PA NOW OFFERING SSP PRODUCTS!
- SSP Nutrition Products, Compliant with WADA, Now Offered at Limitless Strength & Conditioning in Deerfield Beach, FL
- SSP Nutrition Signs with JET.COM
- Iron Sisters Continues to Grow...SSP Nutrition is proud to sponsor these amazing athletes.
- "CELEBRATE" 4th of JULY with 20% SAVINGS on all Canisters & Packets