6 Steps To Succeed At Your First Powerlifting Meet!
More people than ever are throwing themselves into the challenge of competitive powerlifting. Here's what you need to know to minimize the stress and maximize the success!
The image that the words "powerlifting meet" bring to mind in most people is intense, to say the least. You might imagine gargantuan men and hella-strong women roaring while they move massive, rattling bars. Heavy-metal music blasts in the background, chalk and ammonia capsules litter the ground, and blood is in the air.
This is a shame, because I can assure you this isn't the scene at most powerlifting meets today—in fact, the scene is quite the opposite. You'll find men and women of many ages and strength levels competing. The atmosphere is relaxed, and the people are best described as down to earth.
Powerlifting is one of those rare sports where your competitors are likely to cheer you on—even if they're complete strangers. Rather than rooting against you, powerlifters realize that deep down, everyone is trying to be the best version of themselves. They also understand the arduous grind necessary to set new PRs, which is why they're quick to show love and support to anyone attempting a new best.
Sound like a great experience? It is. So what are you waiting for? Here are six steps to succeed at your first meet! Read more...
- Jim Brown's Gym in Clarks Summit, PA NOW OFFERING SSP PRODUCTS!
- SSP Nutrition Products, Compliant with WADA, Now Offered at Limitless Strength & Conditioning in Deerfield Beach, FL
- SSP Nutrition Signs with JET.COM
- Iron Sisters Continues to Grow...SSP Nutrition is proud to sponsor these amazing athletes.
- "CELEBRATE" 4th of JULY with 20% SAVINGS on all Canisters & Packets